Wednesday 25 May 2011

Ophelia...

...was the theme of my fourth shoot with Jeremy Howitt. I seem to have produced some of my favourite images with him and, in general, seem to love any opportunity to agree to throw myself into water and pretend to be a mermaid and/or nymph. These were taken during a leisurely two-hour early-evening shoot in East Sussex last weekend. People say it's 'brave' to get in water for shoots like this, but I think if the worst thing that happens to you in a day's work is that you get wet/dirty/cold while floating around pretending to be part of a mythical story, and you get beautiful images to show for it, you don't have much to complain about. Jeremy wanted to aim for something reminiscent of Waterhouse and Millais, an admirable aim in my book. The reflections in the water worked so well for a dreamy, painterly feel. For the first few, I have to admit I was imagining myself as a princess searching for a little frog to turn into a prince. When in doubt, my mind reverts to whimsy.




Thanks Jeremy - looking forward to the next one! :-)