Thursday 13 December 2012

Grapes and Ferrets

...And here are some actual modelling shots again!

These were taken by Vincent Rijs in Amsterdam. I think they have a very Dutch feel to them!





I very much hope to work with Vincent again during my trip to Amsterdam in June 2013. After that hefty travel retrospective in the last blog post, it's time to look forward. I've recently updated the travel/schedule page on this blog (see the tab at the top). I'll be in Brussels in February, Scotland in May, Vienna, Prague, Berlin (and northern Germany) and Holland in June, and South Germany (Black Forest/Bavaria/Baden-Wurttemberg) and probably Zurich in July. I hope to visit Paris sometime in March or early April.

(Interlude: this is all assuming the world won't end on the 21st. That said, anyone who's anyone surely knows that the Mayans only predicted the end of a cycle and the start of a new one, a shift in human understanding and an apocalypse only in those 'end of an era' terms; and whatever repercussions will be involved are supposed to occur in the surrounding days, months or even years. :-) From what I've read (and I bought a book on the Mayans last year so that visiting the pyramids would be more fun), they never actually claimed that the world will end on that date; they are only aligning meaning with astronomical fact, as was their way of doing things. Gotta say though, the parties in Mexico at the ancient Mayan sites around now must be brilliant.)

I will also be travelling for shoots around England as well as obviously being available locally in the south/midlands, but really this depends as always on people getting in touch with me to make the bookings that kick start arrangements. :-) At the moment I'd like to schedule in a few more mini-trips of 1-3 days in various places around England, for early-mid 2013, and possibly with a few studio days in the mix, but I won't know where to visit if you don't let me know! Email me at ellarosemuse@live.co.uk and I'll do my best to make a shoot happen!

Below is a poster for Vincent Rijs exhibition, running this month in Amsterdam.