Monday 14 January 2013

Life is a Blur...

.... with some marvellous details caught in the light and some defined/definitive moments of pure grace, joy and beauty... (e.g. just the other day I had a pretty glam-filled day of modelling for the very talented Yerburys again at the SWPP convention, at the Presidential suite at the London Hilton, no less, then rushing to see the pre-Raphaelite exhibition at the Tate; brilliant; this being a strong candidate for favourite-ship (I can't help it, I'm a romantic) - (and we got in for free, despite it being sold out!!), then rushing off to the opening of the Beauty of Women exhibition at The Menier Gallery, which featured 3 photographer/artists I'd worked with. I was exhausted at the end, having survived only on a crappy vegetable samosa and a very unglamourous (but tasty!) stop at a dirty chippy for sustenance... Exhausted but happy!

...But yep, life is a blur (a bit like my commitment to refraining from spontaneous and non-sensical punctuation and sentence structure, and the over-use of parenthesis, for the purposes of this (and other) blog post(s)). That's why I've made the decision to drastically reduce the number of photoshoots I do this year. I'll only be doing about two a week, and only really at the weekends (not including trips abroad, of which I have already planned quite a few). This means I'm having to often book things an insane number of months in advance, because there simply aren't that many weekends in a month, it turns out. I feel bad about it, but I'm also really excited as I know it's a good decision! I need to force myself to have the guts and weekday discipline to focus on what I really want, life-dream-wise. I'm sure you understand. And I will still be loving my photoshoots at the weekends, and the wonderful opportunities to travel that this work is bringing me throughout the year. This is what's happening between now and August-ish. After that (and for shorter periods before then too), I will probably be backpacking.

My previous blog post reminded me that there was an un-blogged set Keith Cooper did with me in Cheltenham Film Studios. These remind me of watercolour sketches. I like the abstract body shots most, I think - especially no.s 6 & 10. :-)




















(Perhaps I'm in the mood for bums.)