Wednesday 20 March 2013

Charcoal Metallics & Garden Gates

Hot off a high from starting to learn this piece by Liszt (Liebestraum/Dream of Love)...

(Press play and listen all the way through... So far I'm up to the 1min20 mark in the video below. I'll be sure to update you once I've mastered it, since I'm sure you're all on the edges of your seats about it.
Such a classic, but always surprisingly beautiful every time I hear it.)

... I bring you these images by Steven Bruce. I really enjoyed modelling for Steve - he got some gorgeous stuff and he and his wife are such nice, bright and warm people. We shot mainly in the garden of the place they were staying at, in California. The images are from one part of the session; the other involved a double act; I have been promised more and can't wait to see them too.









I just think those mono conversions, depths of field and textures, especially in the last two, are so lush; kind of fluid but retaining sharp details. I think they look charcoal-y metallic! :-)