Sunday 14 April 2013

Sumptuous in Brussels

Fresh from Belgium, I bring you some new images courtesy of a quick session with wonderful photographer Pieter Vandeur. He was so great to work with, picking me up off the Eurostar and driving me on to my excellent hostel, 'Sleephere' in Brussels (which I would really recommend to those passing through the city - it's the home of a man called Karel and his gorgeous old dog, Caesar, so feels more 'authentic' than the usual kind of thing, and has no room keys whatsoever - the only other place I've stayed at like that was in Costa Rica - Hostel Bekuo, whose owner I slightly fell in love with and who waved me off with a handmade hat - and it shared the automatic atmosphere of friendliness and trust that has to follow - anyway I think Sleephere won a 'best of Belgium' award, or something, and there's a piano in the lounge which I could not resist when I got the room free before I left to go home, plus some brilliant restaurants nearby.)

Back on track... Pieter took me to a rather amusing bookable-by-the-hour hotel for our shoot. (Ahem!) But hey, it really worked, even if we did have some raised eyebrows on the way in. He was good with offering thoughts on direction, too. The setting was rather gorgeous, and this black lingerie I'd recently treated myself to (among other sets, and various long ballgowns) got to be worn and photographed in the exact style I'd had in mind when I bought it (the standing shots particularly)! So thank you Pieter!

Would appreciate some votes for which people prefer... I'm still deciding. :-)