Friday 3 October 2014

The Wool Company

Despite roasting in a studio yesterday along with 5 other models for an exciting shoot involving ghosts, cliffs & scaffolding(!!!) I feel like autumn is considering stopping twiddling its thumbs today and sadly, yet beautifully, hitting us with some cooler air...

To get over this shock (and also because I was, quite frankly, knackered, after non-stop shoots galore plus the horrible news that my doggie suffered heart failure while away; she is now on 3 different medications per day, poor thing (and we are grappling with the trauma - for all parties - of having to shove little tiny pieces of 'make-you-better-I-promise' down her little throat), and she is dealing incredibly well with her gorgeous little heart beating at several million miles an hour to cope with all that's going on in there; seriously, I know it sounds weird, but the X-rays of her tiny little body were adorable!), I decided to take a nap this afternoon and make the most of a recent purchase: welcome The Wool Company's mattress topper.

Wow. My entire bed is anew. Not that there was much wrong with it before; but seriously, I feel like it has new soft, floaty depths!

Gorgeous, afore-mentioned piglet certainly agrees (click to enlarge):


(yes, I have a rose on my pillowcase!)


Anyway, back (more directly) to The Wool Company. I'm delighted to be able to say that I'm their 'face'(/body), having recently shot for the second time around the moors and beaches of Cornwall, and finding their lovely website adorned with pictures of my mug and windswept hair. It's such a huge pleasure to shoot for them and I'm already looking forward to next season's photoshoot. After spending a couple of nights at the family's farmhouse I felt very much at home, and loved chatting to Harry and Sarah in the evening about music and life as much as snuggling up to the wool capes and cashmere scarves on little bridges and next to lakes. Definitely my cup of tea, that sort of thing! :-)

I obviously had to make the most of the discount I was kindly offered and purchased a few things of my own after the shoot, one of which I'm wearing below (clue; I look particularly happy in it!). I just think it's so nice to own things that feel so beautifully made and of the kind of quality that has you dreaming of autumn/winter nights by the fire...

Some shots and screengrabs:



























 And in other news, I duck into La Galleria in Picadilly last night after a shoot in London to have a quick look at the painting 'Access to Justice' by Andrew Brady, which I posed for (as Justice herself!). I was pleased to get a text from Andy just beforehand telling me he'd won the 'People's Choice' award! The exhibition, 'Injustice', was run by London Legal Support Trust in association with Arts for Justice and you can see the entries here.

Here's 'Access to Justice':



About the artwork:  'Painted especially for this exhibition, this piece is an  allegory for the way in which the disadvantaged in society find it difficult to gain proper access to justice. Justice here is represented by the figure on the right; she is blind, which traditionally represents her impartiality.The bejewelled figure in the centre represents those with money, influence or power; able to gain the ear of Justice while at the same time obstructing the figure on the left, who, with her threadbare blouse represents the disadvantaged. Making cuts to Legal Aid is one of the greatest injustices in our country today.'