Monday 9 April 2012

Technicoloured Earth

I've been battling over the last few days with a strong desire to dye the tips/ends of my hair a pale, pastel 'baby' pink. I had the idea that it would suit my look in a sweet, 'fairy' kind of way rather than looking 'punky'. Obviously my natural curls do soften any colour put into it, so the overall look would be quite gentle... Well, I indulged myself yesterday and went ahead and did it in my bathroom. The pack said to leave it in for 15-30 mins, so I conscientiously erred on the side of caution, wanting it not to come up too bright for photoshoots, and left it in for around 20mins (was aiming for 15 but then got distracted...). The result is barely noticeable; it blends so well that it doesn't particularly appear to have made much difference. The lengths of my hair are quite light anyway, and now it looks to me like there is just a bit of a rosy, fiery haze around the ends. I love it! (But I don't expect anyone else to notice much difference; will test it on my dinner companion this evening...). Maybe sometime after my 12-day trip to Holland and Germany this week I will try again for the full 30 mins and see how it looks!

Anyway, I know I've slightly flooded the area recently with images from Billy Sheahan and our fun foray into Mexican beach life, but he's just sent me a whole new batch of colour edits which i think are eye-poppingly gorgeous. Billy originally imagined the shots in black and white, but we both think these are so vibrant. I love the mossy feathery green hues of the last four shots too; so warm and inviting.



























Righty-ho, I'm off to make a 'zuccini bake', which involves whipping out my old 'microwave cooking for kids' book from my childhood. Remember when microwave cooking ('put in, cover, leave for 3 mins, uncover, cook for 2.5 more mins...') was all the rage? Haha.