Tuesday 10 July 2012

Public Service Announcement: a Book!

I'm so excited to have in my hands the fruit of several months' coordination and the physical result of some extremely generous and kind photographers. I'm holding (well, not while typing, I suppose, but it's here on my desk) a collection of some of my favourite images taken over the last three years, during which I've been practising my happy deviation into a life of art modelling.

I've mentioned before that I thought it was sad not to have many actual prints to show for my hard work, unlikely adventures and gloriously fun modelling frolics so far, and that computer files didn't really cut it; and that I had decided to put together a photography book for myself to look at when I'm old (or anytime between now and then...). I've now managed to finish this project.

The book focuses on just one theme; it uses shots from one of my twelve website galleries, 'Faerie', and collects 29 natural, gentle, romantic and pure shots of me as the nude, female figure in a loose 'garden' setting; in tall grass, entwined in trees, in pools of water, surrounded by flowers, in faerie queen headdresses, in pre-Raphaelite forest guises, in the cool, shady dappled light of Mediterranean gardens and against huge, jurassic plants. I've never made a book before, so this is a great feeling, and just so wonderful to be able to own!

I'm so grateful to the photographers whose images are printed in this book, and although this was definitely created just as an indulgence for myself, as something to keep, I do have permission to make this book available for others to purchase. If anyone would like to buy themselves a copy, some money from each book bought goes to Amnesty. If you agree with me that physical prints are sooo much more satisfying to look at than online virtual ones, and you like the idea of owning a version yourself, having it adorn your bookshelf and perhaps provide some visual and artistic inspiration, you're welcome to preview it online and see what you think.


Huge thanks to the following. Click on the links below to see more of their work:
Rebecca Parker
John Evans
Paul Bartholomew
Rayment Kirby
Voyages2004
Jeremy Howitt
DB Images
Dave Aharonian
Keith Cooper (website pending)
Imagesse
Robert Farnham
Gregory Brown
Michael Cordiez
Sean Buckley
and Pat Brennan

...I hope you like it. I'm so glad I finally did this and am already thinking of making a second book sometime in the not-too-distant future... Just need to choose a gallery/theme and start to gather my favourites!