Thursday 16 May 2013

Welsh Rain, Reflections

I had a great two days with Richard Spurdens in January, shooting at a grand house in Wales. We've worked together a couple of times before and I think we make a good team, having lots of fun and getting lots done in the process! Richard is always brimming with ideas and always happy to go along with mine too - and having packed a large suitcase full of bits and pieces, including my Indian wedding sari and the showgirl costume I bought in Las Vegas, I had plenty for us to work with in the various mini locations scattered inside the house. We worked outside too - in the pouring rain, I might add; I don't normally offer to pose nude in the rain, but it seemed such a shame to waste the opportunities out there!

Richard has kindly sent me some of my favourite results, which means I get to show them off! :-) One of the images has already had a couple of successes/acceptances, so that's good, too!

My Vegas costume:


Dreaming through a window...




(These were great in colour too, and I'm sure Richard won't mind me taking the credit for suggesting we switch on the light inside to create that warm glow... :-) )


A ghostly movement idea we played around with (doesn't the map in the background make the shot? I've got such a thing about maps, myself).

 Sari (I'm really quite sulky-looking in the first, for some reason):



Some dance-ish hair flicks at the indoor (overly chlorinated, but gorgeously steamy) pool...








Outdoors in that rain...

...'Refreshing'.






And some 'miscellaneous' images... :-)






(Having to duck underneath the chandelier in the shot below made not slipping off the sloping shelf-thing even more difficult than it already was. 'First world problems'. What a nice house it was!)


Thanks so much Richard for another fruitful experience!